Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fahrrad!




AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought a bike at the flea markt on Schlesischestrasse! It's a silver beat up folding bike with former DDR vibe going on and I had to barter with a Turkish gentlemen to get it. Here's the scoop, at first he wanted forty euro so I biked around a bit then returned and said I'd think about it, you know, let him stew a bit. Just before we left Veda and I talked about it and decided not to pay more then 25 or 30 euro so I walked back and said, "Listen, I have 25 euro for a bike and that's it." He was not impressed and stuck to 40. His friend said, "For Americans, 60 euros." When I replied that I was Canadian he said, "Oh, 25 then." The main guy scowled at him and his other friend offered his beat up rainbow bike for 25 euro, so I scowled and said, "That's a little girls bike." The main guy then said, "35 euros" and I said, "No, 30" and he said, "No, no, no I cannot do it for so little." I thanked him and said I couldn't afford it, started to walk away and he shouted after me, "Why do you walk away, you have 30 euros yes?"

So yeah, I bought a bike.

1 comment: