Monday, March 29, 2010

Wien, Österreich

Last nights show in Wien, Österreich was rock and roll. The venue Arena is a rock compound with several venues, which seems common in Europe and the U.K. (and judging by the graffiti and stickers everywhere it seems if you are an English speaking group and are playing in Wien then you are likely at one of the spaces in Arena.)

Painted black? Tick. Graffiti? Tick. Smokey? Tick. Drunken? Tick. Super fun? Tick tick tick.

We played rough and ready and the crowd was enthusiastic, similiar to the last time we played here. I don't know why I'm surprised, perhaps because I expect this kind of response for a band that's been hyped, of which No Kids is not. The other high point of the show was exceptional merch sales. (Maybe it's just me but on tour nothing says I love you more than money and last night we did pretty well.) I was happy to see Bernhard, who put on our previous show here. He's pretty cool and easy to get on with and when I asked about his girlfriend Camilla he made a sour face and said "well, she dumped me, but she's over there with her boyfriend" and made an over the shoulder motion with his thumb.

As for sight seeing, I've resigned myself to the depressing fact that unless we get to our destination the night before or have a day off we just don't have the time to wander around and break out of the tour bubble. Maybe if the family moves to Berlin next year we'll have an opportunity to come and spend a little time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment