Friday, April 9, 2010

Something to think about.

Before we left for Europe I tiled my brothers shower stall and I realized today I find myself paying really close attention to the grout work in public toilets while urinating as there isn't really anything else to do and I urinate in a variety of public toilets on tour.

With grout it can be flush with the edge of the tile and the consistency quite gritty, yet smooth and even, which looks best to me. More often it's shallow and smooth with scratchy streaks in it due to the aggressiveness of the cleanup, which is probably closer to what my grouting looks like. Also, more often than not the grout is left unsealed, leaving it porous and unprotected from mould and moisture.

Clearly there's not enough time when I want it and waaaaay too much time on my hands in all the wrong places...

No comments:

Post a Comment