Friday, September 18, 2009

Chestnuts!

The Gatzaenkers are gone now but certainly not forgotten. I miss them already. Randy and I spent our last day together biking around the city, KaDeWe, currywurst, Birkenstocks (ha ha), Rock Steady records (I bought INXS-The Swing). I realized in our bike ride that I haven't really had the opportunity to explore the west too much but when we went to Rock Steady we saw a lot of very interesting looking architecture and shops, it made me happy we're still here for a while. Later we met up with Veda, Anita and the kids at a curry place on Kastanienallee in Mitte across from the Gatzaenkers flat. Chestnuts!

Herr Fuchs! I forgot all about Herr Fuchs. In the west and following soon thereafter east germany there was a television show called Das Sandmannchen featuring little sandman and a supporting cast of characters like Herr Fuchs and Frau Elster. The end result is us showing up at the restaurant and Veda has bought a puppet of Herr Fuchs. Weirdest is that this is the second Herr Fuchs puppet she has purchased. How many Vancouverites can say that? Well, speak up!



No comments:

Post a Comment