Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saddest day evah...

Michelle, Loree, Anders and I met Veda at the fancy ice cream place on Falckensteinstrasse in East Kreuzberg today. We decided to trek out to Treptowerpark so's they could see the awesome Soviet memorial which was still awesome but while there I started messing around driving the little shopper up and down the steps and blew out the back tire. Scheisse! No, it really distressed me for real because it was late in the afternoon and everything closes early on Saturday and open not at all on Sunday, which means I'm bound to the tram or walking. We walked all the way back to Schlessischestrasse and on the way the tube came out of the tire and wrapped itself around the back gears which meant I had to carry the bike. Uh. Eventually I cut the tube out with my keys so I didn't have to carry it anymore, but sure enough every fahrrad station was closed and I had to take the tram home while Veda cycled. Uh. Then, the ticket machine at the u-bahn wouldn't accept my five euro bill and I was forced to buy beer in order to change it. (Actually, thinking back, that was actually a positive experience). If it wasn't for Anders and I having a bath together I would still be in a miserable mood. Now we've been drinking wine and eating tasty taste so I guess waiting until Monday will be o.k....

Just before the tire blew...



After the tire blew...




4 comments:

  1. Dude, I can't, like, eat anything. So, no complaining for you!

    - quinne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how's your bike doing now, justy? i suspect it's fixed but it was it expensive? i wish i was still with you guys instead of packing up my bags again to leave on a 4-day junket to southern ontario. waaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I had my tonsils taken out on September 11th. And then eating or drinking anything hurt like a bitch. And I couldn't talk.

    Everything's going a little easier now. And seeing your sad bike face makes me a bit more sympathetic, I must admit.

    quinne.

    ReplyDelete